Sunday, June 1, 2008

Game Day!

Let's go out to the ball game.

Let's go out with the crowd.

Buy me some peanuts and cracker jack.


I don't care if I ever come back.

So, let's root, root, root for the home team,



If they don't win it's a shame.

For it's one, two, three strikes you're out,

At the old ball game.

Despite a threatening sky...

We enjoyed a fun evening with the Lansing Lugnets.

As a minor league team, the game isn't the thing (except for a few purists) ...

It's the other stuff.

Big Lug is the team mascot, and always a favorite.

Also appearing was Myron Noodleman, who led the crowd in YMCA and other humorous moments.

The hot dog cannon, dance routines (occasionally the players would join along), the chicken dance...it's all part of the fun.

And, we won!

The stadium, Oldsmobile Park, was named after the late auto company, which was founded in Lansing. We always sort of wonder how long it will keep that name.

The crowds are smaller than they used to be (although there may have been rain angst on Friday), but they are enthusiastic and always have fun.

We sure did!

5 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Glad you stayed dry!

Jeanne said...

How fabulous and
GO Detroit RED WINGS
I am so happy for you
and your spring fun.
Love Jeanne ^j^

Anonymous said...

Cutest game post I've ever seen! Love the hotdog hat, but the last one is my favorite. You look so very happy there! Glad you got to go.

XO,

Rosalyn-Sue

Beth said...

I Love Baseball! We have the Nashville Sounds here, they are a minor league team too. I wonder if they ever play the Lugnuts? Dan's office rented a Suite at the Sounds stadium sometime this month so the whole office can go and have fun watching the game. I Love the pics and the one of you and Rick is great!!!

m i c h e l l e said...

I think you are the coolest!!! I live in the Portland area (Oregon) and we have a Triple A team...the Portland Beavers...for the San Diego Padres. We love going to these games! SO much fun!

Popular Posts