Friday, November 7, 2008

Write on Wednesday: Staying On Course

Today's Autumn Image is another from that glorious red maple!

(Isn't it pretty with the ivy?!)

This week’s Write on Wednesday deals with “staying the course” and working toward the writing dream.
Becca talks about staying on course with our goals and fulfilling our dreams. She asks:

How about you? Are you having a hard time staying the course toward fulfilling your writing dreams? What are you doing about it?

This is a tough one for me to answer, because I’m not sure what my writing dreams are. To do more?

I’m doing that, thanks to the blog.

Am I doing my cookbook and family stories.

Well, that course is on hold!

But right now, I’m OK with that. I think when you are creatively schizophrenic, you have to pick your activities carefully, and I decided that apart from the blog and work, I’m not going to deal with writing for awhile – at least till after the holidays.

Till then I’ll deal with getting my act together.

Will I do a spur-of-the-moment show/sale? Probably not.

We all have our holiday tasks... Finishing the cards and getting the gifts in order. Trying to figure out when I’m going to get up decorations when I can’t quite plan my schedule! We're mid-November and I suddenly feel frantic and stressed, worried about how to get everything done at work and at home with an impending holiday in Vegas on the scene. (not really a holiday -- Rick's trade show, so we work, but at least it's in a fun spot!).

Right now, I don't even have time to write to Santa!

Maybe after the new year...just maybe I’ll try to write a little more. Just for me.

5 comments:

Rosa said...

Always find time to write to santa!

Joanne Huffman said...

You have to tread water before you can swim all the way across The Channel. It sounds like now is the time to put off everything that can be put off. And, Vegos sounds like fun.

Joanne

gautami tripathy said...

When life takes over, writing stops. But only for a while...

Champions of writing and bonding

Becca said...

Sometimes it's difficult to keep ourselves steady on all the various tracks running through our lives...how well I know!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my golly - I'm sitting here just giggling away. Isn't it always a matter of dealing with the "F" word? That would be "focus", of course! So hard to do, and so necessary.

I find that if I have only ten minutes to write, if I can truly focus on the writing itself, putting all else out of my mind, those ten minutes can be as productive as an unfocused two hours.

Popular Posts