Monday, April 6, 2015

Shopping at Southern Exposure

I can't resist the gift shop at Southern Exposure. I just can't. Don't need a thing -- doesn't matter!


On my first visit I ended up with some pretty silk hydrangeas and small painted bushel-style baskets that went together like a dream. And, I admired that cotton wreath. Maybe someday.


The lavender was lovely. I fear my Garden Warrior did a number on my own lavender last year. I may have a cleaner garden look but I lost a lot of blooms. So this dried lavender display was a gentle reminder to get new plants this year!


And if I had the right setting, I'd hang up a bicycle in a minute!


I'm a sucker for bird cages. I have a few so I passed these up. Reluctantly!


And these lamps I also showed in my previous post have such a warm feeling!


Of course, who could not admire this mannequin -- and her Scarlett O'Hara-sized waist. (Maybe in this contemporary period, I should refer to Lily James' Cinderella waist and all its recent press!)


Everywhere you look, the view dazzles! Yes, one takes a little extra time here!


What didn't I buy? (Yet.) Well, these sunshine-on-a-stick garden pieces have been in my mind for the past week or so.


And after all, I'm headed back there at least twice more this spring! Stay tuned!

19 comments:

Bella Rum said...

What a beautiful shop. Love those hanging lanterns.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dear....OH DEAR! Look at all the goodies here, while SLEET is tapping at my window panes! Oh, bring on the flowers, please, please, PLEASE!

What a great place Jeanie, if not, at least for the INSPIRATION! Have a super day! Anita

21 Wits said...

Next best thing to being there is seeing these lovely captures!

Annie Jeffries said...

Omigoodness. So much here that is familiar I'm feeling so Pinterest deja vu.

Joanne Huffman said...

My nana would have called this an embarrassment of riches.

Tammie Lee said...

such a dear shop! eye candy galore! I can see why you enjoy being there. I have to buy another lavender this year as well.

Marilyn Miller said...

I could spend alot here too. Love the sunshine garden sticks. Glad I live far, far away.

Jennifer Richardson said...

I love your style....am digging all that you're swooning over.
Especially that cotton wreath.
Happy Springing:)
-Jennifer

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That bike is so cool! Well, everything is really. What a gem of a store. I love places like that! I can see why it's hard to leave that store without buying anything!

The French Hutch said...

Jeanie, I would love to shop here with you, I see so many pretties that would have to come home with me. I love the wreath and I always like to bring home a little lavender! Looks like the kind of shop I could spend a morning just taking it all in.
Hope have a great week........

The Artful Diva said...

oh how I would love to shop there too!

Anonymous said...

I love to look at pretty things. These pictures are awesome.

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Lorraine said...

Hi Jeanie--Oh, I would love Southern Exposure, what a beautiful shop, I love the hanging lanterns and birdcages, and ooh, that cotton wreath!! I took a peek back at your post regarding the class you took there...what a lovely experience to have dinner in that vintage setting, and then take a class. Your mossy baskets were lovely!!
Thanks so much for your visit to my blog and for your very sweet comment!! Have a wonderful week!! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

My Grama's Soul said...

Pretty shop.....wish it were here!

xo

Jo

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a beautiful shop. I'd enjoy just browsing and looking at all the eye candy. Love that cotton wreath!

Maggie said...

What a glorious place to browse, love the cotton boll wreath. Might have to try and make one of those, myself!

Tracy said...

Oh, my goodness... a little chunk of heaven this place! :o) I could live there... LOL! Just so much prettiness... I cheers the heart just to see! ((HUGS))

littleRamstudio said...

Can see why you like this shop!
Another lover of bird cages here.
Heather :)

Popular Posts